In this article, I will tell you why learn python as a beginner.
Python is a widely used language that is now in very high demand. It has a good pay scale too. Some passionate programmers also choose python as their primary language. We will know why in this article.
What is Python?
Python is a high-level general-purpose programming language. It was created in 1989 by Guido van Rossum. It supports object-oriented and functional programming.
The python programing language was developed within the Nineteen Nineties by Guido van Rossum of the Netherlands.
It absolutely was meant to be a straightforward, intuitive language that’s as powerful as a conventional language, and it succeeded at that.
Guido named the language Python as a result of he was an enormous fan of ” Monty Python’s Flying Circus,” therefore he named his language Python (quite weird!).
What are the versions of Python?
There are majorly three versions of python which are 1.x, 2.x, 3.x. They are again divided into minor versions. They are 2.7 and 3.3.
Python 2.0 was released in 2000 but was discontinued officially in 2020. Python 2.7.18 is the last Python 2.7 release and the last Python 2 release. I would recommend using python version 3.x as it is guaranteed to work with all future versions.
Advantages of Python
- Dynamic written
- Object-oriented // multi-paradigm
- High level
- General Purpose Programming Language
Disadvantages of Python
- Weak in Mobile Computing
- Run-time Errors
- Slow in Speed
Uses of python
You can use Python programming language in the majority of fields.
- Mobile Application
- Desktop application
- web development
- Data Handling
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Game Development and plenty additional.
Applications of Python
- Easy-to-learn − Python has few keywords, a straightforward structure, and a clearly outlined syntax. this enables the scholar to choose up the language quickly.
- Easy-to-read − Python code is additional clearly outlined and visual to the eyes.
- Easy-to-maintain − Python’s ASCII text file is fairly easy-to-maintain.
- A broad customary library − Python’s bulk of the library is extremely transportable and cross-platform compatible on the operating system, Windows, and Macintosh.
- Interactive Mode − Python has support for Associate in Nursing interactive mode that permits interactive testing and debugging of snippets of code.
- Databases − Python provides interfaces to any or all major industrial databases.
- GUI Programming − Python supports GUI applications which will be created and ported to several system calls, libraries, and windows systems, like Windows MFC, Macintosh, and therefore the X Window system of the operating system.
Why python could be a nice tongue?
Python includes a straightforward syntax that’s is simpler to scan and use than most alternative languages.
Python has most of the options of ancient programming languages.
As a result, you’ll use python to find out the thought and skills that apply to those languages too.
Python is open supply and previous moreover with a powerful community of developers therefore if you’re facing an error in python then you’ll get 100+ solutions on the web.
If you feel like sharing something related to Introduction to Python, feel free to share it in the comment section.
Some reasons why learn python and why most programmers prefer Python:
It requires less time and effort to write code as compared to other languages like Java or C++. Have a look at this picture.
This picture shows how a simple program differs in different languages. Compared to C, C++, or Java, Python looks simple and easy to write. Isn’t it?
It is easy to read a python code and to learn as well. It will take a very little amount of time to learn python when compared to others. It’s a little easier to understand complex code in Python.
It is easy to learn as compared to any language. There is no complex syntax.
4. Modules and Libraries
Python is currently being used in various fields like web development (Django), GUI(kivy). It supports scientific computing, big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and more (libraries like NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, and more are used).
Python module has its own attributes. These modules make it easier for programmers to keep the code maintainable.